Godfrey Daniels is seeking a part-time Development Director to manage its fundraising operations. Godfrey’s is the longest-running music club in the Lehigh Valley, where performers present a diversity of music in an intimate setting. The nonprofit is approaching its 46th year of operation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to Godfrey’s Managing Director, this position requires approximately 20 hours per week, working remotely.
The Development Director will draft a strategic five-year fundraising plan with a goal of raising $40-$50,000 per year, beginning in 2022, increasing to $75,000 by year five. It is anticipated that there will be a Building Campaign in 2022 to 2023 to acquire the 7 East 4th St. venue.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Securing new corporate donations, sponsorships and community partners;
- Increasing Godfrey Daniels’ membership base (working in conjunction with the membership committee), including the writing of membership solicitation and renewal letters;
- Researching and securing new grants from foundations and regional corporations;
- Planning and executing one to two fundraising events per year;
- Training and becoming proficient on Godfrey’s fundraising software, E-Tapestry.
- Tracking and acknowledging all donations and memberships;
- Working in conjunction with Godfrey’s Communications Manager, developing social media fundraising campaigns;
- Securing new collaborations/partnerships with other Lehigh Valley arts organizations in order to partner on events, which will expand our brand, provide opportunities for sponsor recognition, and solicit new donors and volunteers.
- In partnership with the Godfrey’s Executive Committee and Board of Directors, creating a Capital Campaign to pay for the acquisition and improvements to the Godfrey Daniels building at 7 East 4th Street. Acquisition planned for Fall of 2023.
- Prefer at least five years experience in the development/fundraising field with measured success securing grants, corporate and individual gifts, and event planning;
- Experience with donor management software;
- A passion for Music and the Arts!
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2022.